FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL8910 in LEX today.
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:09 pm
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Juant down Lexington memory lane...

Does LEX have any mainline flights left? I have fond memories of that airport since I flew in and out of there back in the 90s while attending Asbury College (just 15-20 min. south of the airport). DL was the top dog at LEX (maybe still is??)...flying back and forth between PDX and LEX really wet my appetite for frequent flyer miles For some reason I still remember weird details like...

1. The mainline flight from LEX-ATL around 1pm was flight 419 and you received a small sandwich!
2. The mainline flight around 11am from LEX-CVG earned 1,000 miles for a flight that was MAYBE 20 minutes in the air (and I think I actually got a soda at least once in Y).
3. I loved to fly 419 to ATL and connect to flight 355 from ATL-PDX which was a 767 that stopped in SLC....still remember that I got dinner (lasagna) on the short flight from SLC-PDX.
4. Flying the short hop on an MD-80 from SDF-LEX...I think that was even shorter than CVG-LEX. They use to have a REALLY late flight from BNA-LEX that I never got to fly but I remember driving to the LEX airport and watching it land just for something to do in college...I know, the makings of a FTer right there

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane...