FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel (was Sheraton) Bulgaria [Master Thread]
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:24 am
ChazDawg

Location: New Berlin, WI USA - DL Platinum Elite - Marriott Platinum Premier
Sofia - Lounge vs. Executive Lounge?

Hello all,

I'm staying in Sofia in November and comparing rates. I haven't seen any updates on this particular hotel since 2011, but hoping someone might have some insight and opinions. Some rooms claim to be renovated...and others not. Is it possible if I choose a room that doesn't specifically say it's renovated that I could be in for an uncomfortable surprise. The renovated rooms (queen, at least) also have lounge access and are 30Euro higher...

I know they no longer have a shuttle...anyone know the cost of a cab ride to the airport as opposed to the hotel car service?

Also, looking at rates there are rooms that have Lounge Access and some that have Executive Lounge access. I'm relatively new to SPG having only stayed a few times since transitioning from a decade of Marriott loyalty (2500 nights and 4M points)...can someone tell me if there's a difference in these lounges, or is it simply poor language on the room descriptions?

Thanks in advance,

ChazDawg