FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KVS Availability Tool
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:34 am
golfmad
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by redtop43

I got KVS mostly to look for award flights. To be honest I don't understand much about fare buckets.

I went online to book a flight YYZ-RDU outbound Nov. 2, return Nov. 4. The best option was on DL and it said "Economy (T)" for the flights in both directions.

I went into KVS and searched for those flights and saw T7 for both of the segments on the outbound and T8 on both segments for the return.

Does this mean that at least at the moment, there are 7 available seats on the outbound and 8 on the return in this fare bucket, and that if the fares don't change I am very likely to be able to book this fare tomorrow or the next day? Understanding of course that there are fare rules (two days from now would be the 21-day window) and that fares could change.

How would I find the fare rules on DL.dumb?
I don't think there's much more to know about fare buckets? You're pretty much there.

Yes, T7 and T8 mean there are currently 7 and 8 seats respectively in that fare class at the moment. I don't think you need to worry about the fares changing, but you could find that those 7 or 8 seats are sold and the lowest fare you can find is then in a different fare class which is more expensive.

In the fares tab, if you double-click on a row you'll see an option to view the fare rules.

Hope that helps.