FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get someone to swap seats, in Business on long haul?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:51 pm
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbrower
1. Don't sit in my seat before you ask. I walk on the plane and I see someone in my seat. Before I even walk down the aisle I tell the FA "Can you please help me? Someone is sitting in my seat." That way, the FA is already involved.
4 times out of 5 (IME), the person sitting in my seat is there because they are stupid and just can't match the number-letter combination on their boarding pass with the number-letter above the seat. Seriously, the frequency at which this happens has lead me to lose a little bit of faith in humanity (or at least the US educational system). So I think it's aggressive and unnecessary to pull the FA into it before you can even properly assess the situation.

Originally Posted by vxmike
The only time I wouldn't trade in biz/first would be a 3-across situation placing me into a middle in exchange for an aisle/window
I'd do it for $100 certainly. There's really nothing objectively wrong with a middle seat in business class. It's not like you're rubbing shoulders/elbows with a seatmate on each side.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Oct 11, 2012 at 6:34 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member.