FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Ford Escape SEL-AWD 2.0L EcoBoost Ride Report/Review
Old Oct 10, 2012, 2:20 pm
powermax

Originally Posted by piper28
I've got to admit, I'm still skeptical on the gas mileage issue on these turbo engines. I haven't driven one of the Ford ecoboost engines enough to get a feel for the gas mileage (ok, I've simply test-driven a Ford Edge when I was looking to replace my old Grand Cherokee), but I do have a car currently (Passat) that uses a 1.8T, and while highway mileage is ok, quite honestly, city mileage is not all that impressive (as in, barely better than my 8 cyl Grand Cherokee was in city).

I will say that I was very impressed with the power on the Edge's I4 ecoboost (which I think is the same engine as in the Escape), and in the short time I drove it didn't notice any turbo lag (something I find pretty noticeable in my Passat), and quite honestly, if I hadn't read the sticker, I probably wouldn't have guessed that it had a 4 cyl in it.
I drove an SEL 2.0 Ecoboost for a week, its a great car, lots of torque, no turbo lag but it was not great on gas but its replacing a V6 so was not bad. I think that you get much better gas mileage from the 1.6 ecoboost.