FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Was this woman running a "wheelchair scam?"
Old Oct 8, 2012, 3:55 pm
Crazyhotelguy

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by craig44485
FLy to MNL frequently, when connecting in JFK and especially in NRT for the flight tpo MNL, its amazing to see the number fo people needing a whell chair to clear lines and board early, for the main purpose of snagging as much over head bin space as they can manage. For some unknown reason they always seem to let the other 4 or 5 people traveling with them board early also. I can see may be one person, but why all the others?

Funny thing is some where over the South China Sea they all get cured, and when the bell dings to deplane in MNL they all jump up, grab their carry -ons, and make a mad dash off the plane without the need for the wheel chair any longer.
Happens all the time to and from MCO. Miracle flights indeed!

I also do not understand why the person's entire extended family needs to board as well. Send one person with them. The others should wait.

Also, I witnessed this today in MCO.... Wheelchair boards, family to follow brought on way more than the allotted carry on. GA questioned it, but did not pursue the checking.....