FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Requirements for ID
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2012, 7:06 pm
halls120
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ND Sol
I had a very seasoned attorney once tell me that if he was given the opportunity to draft a document, as long as he was able to have free reign over the definitions section, then he would let the other side’s attorneys draft the rest of the document. Definitions are a critical and integral part of a legal instrument.
While I would never give anyone free reign over the rest of the document, you are right that the definitions are critical.

Originally Posted by ND Sol
Amazing that somehow you think this is a poor horse being beaten when you have yet to proffer the authority in the C.F.R.s for the TSA to check IDs at the screening checkpoint.

ETA: I just found where TSORon discussed this previously to which I replied over three years ago, and although he replied to others about other matters in the thread, he never did address my analysis.
He can't provide that which doesn't exist.

The whole process of checking the BP by TSA is a complete joke. Once they apply their magic scribbles to the BP and I pass through the Constitution-free zone, I can throw it away and pull out a duplicate BP. I do this virtually every time I fly, and I've never been prevented from boarding my flight.