FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:58 am
chemist661
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by thepla
I am local so if anyone last minute will be a no show please pm me.
I believe the organizers stated that the tickets are non transferable/non refundable. I bought a ticket knowing there is a high probability that I may not attend for medical reasons. I was/am fully aware that my ticket would be non refundable/non transferable and I wanted to secure my place so I took the chance and bought the ticket before they were sold out.

It turned out that I am cleared to attend the conference so the "chips" fell in the right direction.

The conference organizers have alot of things to do and are overwhelmed with all their duties to make this year's conference an excellent value for us attendees. To add to the headaches of having to worry about refunds/transfers, etc would be alot of extra work for the organizers and I agree with the policy of no refunds/transfers.

Bottom line: On my ticket, I decided to buy the ticket and take the chance that I was not able to attend for medical reasons. I fully was/are aware of the no refunds/transfers policy as that is the policy--like it or not.