FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can TSA officers carry guns on duty?
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2012, 10:21 am
puddinhead

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cbn42
I overheard a conversation at PHX where a TSO suggested that he carries a gun while on duty, although I didn't get the full context so I'm not positive.

Based on my research, Arizona is apparently one of the few states that allows anyone to carry a concealed weapon in public, without the need to apply for a permit from the sheriff like in other states. So with that said, is there anything stopping a TSA agent from carrying a concealed handgun while screening passengers?
AZ does NOT allow someone to carry a concealed weapon without a permit. AZ is an open carry state, you can carry a weapon without a permit if it is openly displayed - like on a holster on your belt. NV is the same. There are prohibitions against carrying a weapon (concealed or not) into certain buildings - schools, courthouses, and airports. An exception is made for a weapon that is going to be checked as luggage.

Last edited by essxjay; Oct 7, 2012 at 9:04 pm Reason: off topic