FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Biggest Whopper you've heard from a UA Pilot, Flight Attendant, Gate or Ticket Agent?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 9:14 am
aacharya
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by emanon256
FAB,

I did start off saying I don't know if its a whopper or not. I really wanted to find out. Would a pilot actually fly BOS-DEN at 18,000 feet? As on most of my flights they say they are going to a higher altitude to make up time, and/or to avoid chop. I don't think we have ever been under 30,000 feet on that route. I ended saying we actually did make up time.

I trust pilots and have the upmost respect for pilots. Don't get me wrong. But I have heard some pretty fishy stories from them as well. That doesn't mean I don't trust them. My neighbor is a pilot and he said they have to makeup stores sometimes or the passengers would be in mass panic. I have also heard pilots announce things such as " the cell phone detector is induction X# of cell phones are still turned on." When I get together with my neighbor and his friends, one of them who flys for US Airways said they try to come up with the funniest stories to tell passengers they can as a game.
Short of a jamming signal, what else can they do?

I still like the "we can sense seat belts are not clicked in" one.