FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Are Platinums Treated So Poorly At Marriott?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:54 am
sophiegirl

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by GoPhils
I'm confused...OP says the nights requirement for Plat is "ridiculous" yet most are claiming it's watered-down. Can't really have it both ways...
The nights requirements is the highest in the major brands....75 nights, with no "stay" option.

The watering down people are referring to are the benefits themselves, not the nights requirements.

Some benefits have been lost, others added - depending on what is important to a person, it could be a major issue, or a wash.

With regards to the OP, the complaint about suites is a complaint, not a watered down benefit. Marriott does not include suites in the programs, so expectations that one would be received is out of line. Nice, sure. Guaranteed, no.

No breakfast on weekends is a watered down bennie- it did used to occur for Plats, no longer. (Resorts was, and is, never). I disagree with this change - so moved enough of my stays to Hyatt and now use them on the weekend and at resorts. Works for me, and as Marriott has not reversed their policy, my guess is they could care less.