FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strage experience at Hertz MIA
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:21 am
hg‎

Strage experience at Hertz MIA

This was a first. for me, last week at MIA my name was not on the board.

The lady working the desk explained that they were out of cars and tried to upsell me on a Mercedes.

I explained to her my company policy would not allow me, but her reaction just floored me: She rolled her eyes and said, "Well, it you don't take the Mercedes, then you have to sit here and wait until another full size car is available".

Now I'm generally a cheerful lad, and after a confused minute I did my best to lighten the mood by cracking some jokes about renting the Ferrari they display upfront (which is $1800 per day by the way). But she was having a bad day, was having none of it.

I asked about getting an upgrade as a PC, and was told something to the effect of "that won't qualify you for the Mercedes".

So I sat there until a full size car became available, but somewhat saddened.

Edit: Seems I'm not the only one
Edit2: Worth clarifying, I was trying to point out the 'upgrade or wait' threat. 0: They gave no wait estimate. 1: My wait ended up unsubstantial, about 10 min, I was the first to get a car after sellout (straight from the wash). 2. There was a long line behind me. 3: The very next week I was auto-assigned a Volvo in the same prestige class as the Mercedes.

Last edited by hg‎; Oct 3, 2012 at 12:29 am