FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:39 am
TheShis

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by RJ77
Strong words here. What happened?
RJ - I'll leave the full description to my TripAdvisor review, but in general, they put me in a room (one of the Opera Suites), which was not ready yet - and I was certainly the first guest to stay in that room.
What happened? Well, first of all, the service level was abysmal.
The bedroom door's lock was broken and the door was closed shut - took 30 minutes to get it to open (with the personal butler stuck inside and us not being able to have a shower upon arrival). There was no mini-bar in the room. There were no hot water in the room!!! There was no way to turn off the lights in the bedroom. At all!!! They tried to fix it starting at 2AM, but were unsuccesfull. We had to switch rooms at 3 in the morning!
Plus, the restaurant actually charge you for the complimentary "Sofitel" bottle of water you get in the room and in the lounge - some 70THB++. Ridiculous.
For all the trouble I went through, they gave me the first night complimentary (the refund took almost a month to process...), but everyone in the hotel (including the hotel's manager and the GM) - simply DON'T CARE. Other than "sorry for the inconveniences" there was no real customer-care at all.