FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AI 787 familiarization flights ; potential routes discussion etc
Old Sep 26, 2012, 5:34 am
jasepl

Originally Posted by ashishp
I found the experience strictly average to be honest. The economy class is too cramped and the seats are definitely narrower than the economy seats in the A320. This is especially noticeable when flight is full, which was the case on the BLR-DEL segment. I am not sure these will be very comfortable on the 15 hour routes that some are talking about.
Well, clearly a lot of folks were expecting too much from the 787 in terms of passenger comfort, even though it never seemed like it was going to dramatically change the passenger experience. It's meant to be more an operators' aircraft rather than a passengers'.

(I still prefer my miles the Airbus design of no middle seat in J and no 9-, or, worse, 10-abreast in Y; I had hoped Boeing would have made the 787 just narrow enough, but, alas.)

Of course, a lot depends on how an airline chooses to kit out the plane. And here we can trust AI to make the already underwhelming even more underwhelming, before they make it downright disgusting.

By the way do the AI interiors look as awful in real life as they do in the pictures (as if bodily fluids were excreted from all three orifices all over the cabin)?