FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macau [Master Thread]
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:39 pm
whimike

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by jpdx
Conrad Macau is an amazing hotel and treats you extremely well if you have status -- Huge suite & great lounge for Diamonds. And I've stayed on rates as low as HKD900. I will try the Sheraton once it opens, but it's safe to assume that it pales in comparison to the Conrad ... even if Plat recognition is decent, the comparator will likely be the HI, not the Conrad.
Pales in comparison to the Conrad? I think the variations between the Conrad, Sheraton, and even HI in this Sands/Cotai development are smaller than many realize.

I just got back from a 1-night stay at the Sheraton Macau. The room I was in was definitely a good Westin+ quality. I booked a basic room for the 888 HKD special, was upgraded a few days in advance to an Executive Suite, and on arrival to a Deluxe Suite (1,300+ sq ft).

The doors to each room were highly lacquered heavy wood doors. Furnishings and appointments very nice, I am surprised this was branded a Sheraton. Then again, looking at the photos I am surprised the Holiday Inn wasn't branded an Intercontinental. It appears to me that as these hotels are all part of the Sands-Cotai project, they wanted one high-end (Conrad), one medium-end (Sheraton), and one lower-end (HI) hotel brand to appeal to everybody that comes. But, there seems to be a commonality between all of the hotels in design. The Conrad is on par with other Conrads, the Sheraton is nicer than any other Sheraton I have been to (Seoul D-Cube is a darn nice Sheraton too), and the Holiday Inn, well, this is "not your Dad's Holiday Inn".

I was very surprised to learn the the Sheraton has the largest amount of hotel rooms (3,863) of any hotel in Macau, it is also the largest Sheraton AND Starwood property worldwide. Surprised, because it doesn't feel that large inside, and certainly looks nowhere as monstrous from the outside as the Venetian or the Galaxy.

This was a quick transiting stop, had to leave at 6 AM, and therefore didn't have a chance to see the club lounge, which is supposed to be very nice and huge (250+ seats?), nor try the breakfast there.

Here are some photos (some are a panorama):

Lobby with separate SPG check-in (they check your SPG card before you can enter the line):

Entering the suite:

Bathroom right off the entry:

Great room:

Great room again showing the attached media room:

Media Room:

Bedroom:

Bathroom:

Last edited by whimike; Sep 25, 2012 at 12:37 am