FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:16 pm
felicity5

Originally Posted by Happy
You can NOT do more than 2 card applications with Citi regardless ANY card, within a 60 days period. Citi's system would auto-reject you on the 3rd application in the same 60 days period. Any card has the EXACT dictionary meaning - ANY - whether it is personal or business, AA or HHonor or TYP or whatever have you. Maximum any 2 card applications are allowed within the 60/65 days period.

The extra 5 days padding is to make sure Citi's crazy system does not count the wrong days which happens too many times in the past that is why such collective wisdom of 65 days. After all, it makes very little difference on the few days extra because the minimum you need to separate your apps would be 62 days anyway in case you dont get caught by a nasty surprise of denial.

Remember, the clock of 60/65 days starts ALL OVER AGAIN from the last application(s), successful or otherwise - so you dont want to waste your applications! So if you jump the gun to apply too close to the time range and got denied, you would need to wait ANOTHER 60/65 days to not be auto-rejected by the system. Then with this in mind, what is the big deal of waiting an extra 5 days and take 65 instead of 60 as the calculation?

There is a very good write up by sdsearch in the long AA thread on the Citi card application rules. find that, read / understand it, would ensure you not to waste your pulls and such - Citi has a completely different rules than Chase. Actually each bank has its own rules and you just have to observe them accordingly in order to get the highest probability rates on your applications.

To those who keep saying the 2 allowed every 60/65 days is just observation, not rule, I can attest it as of 3 weeks ago, the observation still holds true. Read my write up on my experiment upthread - the 3rd app was auto-denied, letter cited Declined due to Multiple Applications received - it simply could not even passed the system screening.
I would appreciate getting the link for sdsearch write up in the long Citi card app rules. I have tried to look up Citi cards app in search and it doesn't bring it up. I don't mind looking it up by I don't know under what thread it would be.

I'd appreciate any help.