FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2012, 2:39 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Here's my attempt to answer several more of Seat 2A's latest quiz items...

5. Well, I thought this might be Braniff International.....but the year is 1966.

So let's go with Panagra (Pan American-Grace Airways) probably with a DC-8 (featuring "El Interamericano" jet service) on several different routings depending on the day of the week such as SFO-LAX-GUA-PTY-LIM or SFO-LAX-GUA-PTY-CLO-LIM......

I believe Braniff acquired Panagra in the late 60's and subsequently operated DC-8-62 aircraft from SFO and LAX down to Latin America.....

16. This has gotta be Aspen Airways. Jet equipment was the BAe 146. Aspen also operated Convair 580 turboprops.

And now to the airline interiors....

29. I'll guess Alaska Airlines first class on board a B727-100.

31. Virgin America on aboard an Airbus A319 or A320?

32. Sure looks like a very groovy Braniff International B727 interior in coach! And I think I dated the hippie girl sitting by the window back in the day.....

BONUS QUESTION: Looks like a "cocktail volcano" as presented by Western Airlines on board their west coast-Hawaii "Islander" service which was flown with B707, B720B and DC-10 equipment. ......