FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official "Help me find a good rate with Hertz" CHALLENGE thread
Old Sep 24, 2012, 2:24 pm
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by light1up
Hello,

I am trying to help my brother rent a car for a long trip out of Santa Fe, NM. We are hoping to offset the rental car cost with the benefit of a higher MPG than he gets from his old Jeep.

I spent a lot of time looking through the Hertz/Budget threads yesterday and ended up with a rate of that totaled: $489.82 using UNITED A\L FF DISCOUNT and PC: 166401. The rate does not include insurance. My brother can pickup anywhere in Santa Fe, NM and will be driving all the way to Chicago then back. Hoping one of the wizards on here can help:

Pickup Location (airport, city, or ZIP code/postcode): Santa Fe, NM (HLE or Airport)
Dropoff Location (if different) (airport, city, or ZIP code/postcode): Same
Pickup Date and Time:9-27-12, Noonish
Return Date and Time:10-16-12, Noonish
Vehicle Size Preference:Compact (or another car with 4 doors and high MPG)
Memberships (AAA/USAA/etc): None, but if I need to make an account that includes free membership I will do it.

I'd appreciate any help you could offer.

Thank you.
Hertz at 2010 CERRILLOS ROAD would be $430.71 for an economy car or $455.61 for a compact car with the Friends of Hertz CDP and PC 168210. Rates were much higher at the Santa Fe airport, and Hertz seems to beat Avis/Budget/Enterprise after discounts on this one, so it's definitely your best bet.

Last edited by AutoSlash; Jun 6, 2014 at 11:35 pm