FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Euro Upgrade Offer - What do you get?
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:12 am
britbronco22

Programs: BAEC Silver
Euro Upgrade Offer - What do you get?

Hi all, I just booked my first ever flights on LX and I have been offered an upgrade to business so I'm trying to decide if I should take it.

Flights are DUS-ZRH, ZRH-BCN, BCN-ZRH, ZRH-DUS.
DUS-ZRH is operated by LH, ZRH-DUS is operated by Edelweiss.

I booked cheapest economy, in fare class L, for approx €150.

I have been offered an upgrade for €130, from what I can tell this is for all 4 flights?
This seems very cheap for 4 flights, but I'm trying to work out what the exact benefits are?

I already get lounge access due to having *Gold with TK, so no additional benefit there.

Fare class L doesn't appear to earn anything on TK. Am I correct that the upgraded fare will be P? I believe that will earn 1200 miles per sector with TK, although I'm not 100% sure if the Edelweiss flight will credit.
(Eurowings flights with LH have credited to TK, is Edelweiss like Eurowings?)
(Is P very poor for Miles & More? When I searched about Euro upgrades there were mostly negative threads about the new fare class)

I'm aware that you will get the middle seat blocked, but otherwise no difference in seating.

The website mentions improved catering on 'some' Euro flights, but I'm really in the dark here. Can anyone explain what catering would be served on these flights if upgraded?

I'm traveling with my GF, so I don't think I can justify upgrading if the only benefit is the miles...