FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH A330 Slide off Taxiway DFW Airport
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2012, 4:27 pm
bluegrinch

Programs: Maker's Mark Ambassador
You can ride the Skylink tram (airside) to terminal E and visit the United Club between gates 6 and 7. Count on approximately 10 minutes transit each way.

The United Club isn't that different than the lounge Lufthansa will send you to. How comfortable Lufthansa's lounge is depends a lot on how full your flight is. The "lounge club" is actually a set of small, separate lounges, one of which is dedicated to Lufthansa, and there seems to be about just enough seats to accommodate every premium passenger when the plane is full, no more.

If your flight is full and the main attraction of a lounge is quietness, go to the United Club. Otherwise, for comfort, food and drink options, it's about even. I think the main differences are the United Club has a full (staffed) bar and a few work areas.

When I fly Air Canada, I make the trip to the United Club as it is my only option, but when I fly Lufthansa, I stick with the "club lounge."

(of course, the United Club doesn't make any announcement for Lufthansa flights)

Last edited by bluegrinch; Sep 23, 2012 at 4:33 pm