FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Bristol, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:15 am
banzani

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
well for the real hopping experience I would then do 1 night Salzburg and 1 night Fuschl. Fuschl is not to be missed, a gem in the Starwood collection.

We were upgraded to a wonderful suite at Bristol during our stay this weekend. The room was 375, the corner of Ring and Opera. It included a huge round living room with plenty of windows. The welcome was very nice and genuine, bottled water and some fruit was brought up.

The staff at the hotel is very warm and professional. You still drop your key at reception when you leave, just like in the old days, though it can be annoying when you get back to the hotel and have to wait until you get your key (you can probably take the key with you but they are large and heavy).

I chose the breakfast as amenity. The service was slightly off, after waiting several minutes at the entrance we simply walked in, sat down, and started eating off the buffet (it was getting close to 10:30). It took many more minutes to be noticed and order a coffee. So I can't really say what's included in the Plat breakfast and what is not, we just skipped the few hot items from the buffet, but I think we could have just taken them as well.

Overall great stay. Vienna sources say this hotel has been bought by the owners of the Sacher, so if that's true then there may be changes in the air ?