FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Milton, zero complaints on Tango, but....
Old Dec 11, 2002, 5:25 pm
100,000miler

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Milton, zero complaints on Tango, but....

Had dinner last night with another SE who recently had dinner with our Mr. Milton. Apparently he is dining with the high yielding customers but certainly not with all SEs.

One of his points was that he get ZERO complaints of Tango, but of course boxes full on the main line. Sounds like a conspiracy against frequent flyers to me!!

The main line sets "us" up with expectations that often cannot be met, whereas no frills, creates an environment of NO expectations. This is a no win senario, but what I fear is that with the restructuring of UAL, many of the incentives to be a frequent flyer might be curtailed. There are many threads on this on the UA portion of FT such as the possibility of doing away with upgrades all together.

Should that ever happen, I am gone as a loyal AC customer. I will curtail my travel dramatically and start buying the lowest fares available with no expectations at all. I do not think this is what AC would want as now it gets a lot of higher fares from me such as H and above for upgrade purposes. And AC has been good to me in this respect. I value loyalty and I hope my airline does too!! and will continue to in the future. Otherwise I am gone!