FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Munich-Alps-Fussen-Milan-Florence-Monaco-Nice in our new BMW 640 Gran Coupe
Old Sep 21, 2012, 8:40 am
EXPLAT

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Day 2: BMW Welt
It was cold and rainy all day but it didn't matter as this was our day to visit the Welt. Took the subway to the Olympic Park exit which drops you right at the Welt.

Looking at the Welt from the U-Bahn Olympiazentrum Subway exit. Literally right next to each other.

Walking over to the Welt. The entrance is on the right side.

Inside the Welt, looking over the display area from the balcony. They were getting ready to add their Hydrogen car
on the left, it just completed a world tour. A Mini Cooper display was going in on the right.
There were some false walls up to hide the construction.

Ground floor at the Welt. All of the latest BMW models are on display including the 2013 640i Gran Coupe in Frozen Bronze with the Opal White/Amaro Brown interior.

The Opal White/Amaro Brown interior up close. On the right, you can see the glass for the head up display.

The interior of the Rolls Royce. BMW own's them too and has two of them on display at the Welt. A little stuffy for my taste but super opulent for sure. Wouldn't be able to get the teenagers out of the back of the car.

We checked in upstairs and did all of our paperwork to get it out of the way for delivery the next day. Had several lattes in the lounge which helped with the jet lag.

BMW Delivery Lounge

We went on the 11:30am English Factory Tour, which was very enjoyable and worth the two hours. Our favorites were the paint shop and the robotic welders. We then went back to the Premium lounge for a snack and met several other Americans who are currently on their ED. Also met a nice German fellow who asked, why would you come all the way over to Germany to pick up your vehicle? So I explained it to him; a good price, a European vacation, with auto insurance for two weeks and shipping back to the US included. What's not to love!

Looking back at the Welt through a Window at the factory during the factory tour.

We toured the museum next, then went and looked at all of the new vehicles in the Welt and looked around the gift shop.

Walking over to the museum from the Welt. You take an overhead bridge. The BMW World Headquarters building on the left, the Museum on the right.

In the museum, BMW models by year. Each placard represents one vehicle model and the year it was manufactured.

Inside the museum, so many choices, which direction to go in?

A BMW 328, one of many many cars and motorcycles on display. Those are real leather straps holding down the hood!

A BMW employee showing us the engine.

A more modern M series engine. Oh yea!

A V12 engine. Look at those horses!

At the top of the museum. The new 2013 640i Gran Coupe in Frozen Bronze.

Looking down from the top of the museum. Futuristic BMW models.

Believe it or not, we ended up spending the entire day at the Welt!

Last edited by EXPLAT; Sep 22, 2012 at 8:52 am