FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Announcing Air Canada Altitude
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:57 pm
CdnFlier

Programs: AC*SE
To me the changes look pretty reasonable but also add some complexity.

- Having to fight 75ks for exit rows may not be any fun though
- Free bikes/sport equipment is nice (although they never seemed to charge me for them anyway)
- Being able to upgrade AE tickets could be nice, that would help my domestic flying especially if I have a family member travelling on points while I'm on revenue. It's driven me a bit nuts that I couldn't upgrade the AE ticket (although op-ups have been a rare treat) and have the plane leave with open J seats. Wonder if this will just be for the member or direct family/nominees or travel companions.
- The whole first AE ticket change for fee thing is nice (and will save me $) although, to be honest the booking fee bothers me a lot more than the change fee for whatever reason - maybe now I'll just start booking tickets online and then calling to make my free change . But I wonder how this will work, will it apply to any ticket booked by the SE? Or just tickets for the SE? Or if I have a tickets for 2 passengers on a single PNR will I get one ticket changed free and pay for the other? Hopefully it's straightforward and simply a free change on any ticket booked by the member!

The only point that gets me is that on this page (http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...lusive_Rewards) it specifically says that SE's will have:
Access to any unsold Economy Class seat, and additional Executive cabin seats on Air Canada flights
Where as in this year's program it simply says we have "special access to unsold seats". I've been frustrated by this a few times this year and been unable to get economy seats on domestic flights with lots of room (mostly between YVR & YYC but occassionally on other routes). If this is a return to any economy seat availability I'll be pretty happy! I understood capacity mangement in J (to some degree) but, much less so in Y.

Now... I wonder if I'll pull off requalifiying!