FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Announcing Air Canada Altitude
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:17 pm
AA_EXP09
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
Time will tell if that was a wise decision. Seems to me that SE/1K/EXP/Diamond folks are the most loyal and treated well by whatever airline gets their business. To get one of them to switch requires drastic action or incentives (like AA's status match of 1Ks), so throwing more resources at them only results in diminishing margins...

In my estimation it is the 35k-75k crowd that exercise the most discretion and are MORE likely to change their carrier based on the status benefits, and that is who AC just turned their back on.

As a 40k-ish flyer, my strategy now will be to put 25k on Delta for Silver Medallion (free exit row, free bag, good chance at UDU on ex-Canada flights) and 20k on A3 for *G (but will no longer need to fly the AC metal minimums).

Even above 50k, the strategy stands, given the fact that Delta lets you rollover excess miles. Heck, at 75k, I'd probably go with UA Gold and Delta Silver, since those 50k redeemable MP miles are worth about the same as 75k Aeroplan what with the YQ...

Cheers
Just a tip: the best flts for UDU on DL are the ones from AB.
To YVR I've had 100% success when travelling with PM/DM companions.