FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nested tickets
Thread: Nested tickets
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:53 am
WhiskeyBravo

Originally Posted by tmontemb
The situation - I have already completed my outbound : USA-USA-AMS-BLL. I have a return coming up BLL-AMS-USA-USA 28 September. Due to late Friday meetings I have been asked to push my return until 29 September, however this is pricing out at 15000 DKK (>2500 USD) to change.

I have another trip coming up 7 Oct - 12 Oct USA-BLL, BLL-USA.

Book a round trip ticket ex: Denmark for 29 September DK-USA. Book the return portion for 7 October, USA-DK.

Change my current ticket that is Sept. 28 to October 12.

Please comment!
Get authorization to call Delta yourself. I can't be exact because you only say "USA", but there is sub-M availability on BLL > AMS on the 28th -- from there AMS > DTW has sub-M, AMS > ATL looks tight, AMS > MSP has only a few sub-M seats left.

From DTW and MSP I'm assuming you can get home. Also, since it says you're a GM, remember that once you complete your TATL leg they will let you SDC (even with checked bags) for the domestic segment, so don't be afraid to book a last-flight-out-better-fare-bucket domestic connection and SDC to the earlier flight.

The Delta phone agents have worked availability magic for me for my last two INTL trips (both ex-EU, one to DXB one to USA) -- where both expertflyer and the website said it couldn't be done, they somehow picked off a seat in a fare-bucket lower than what I was seeing. Since I am seeing sub-M availability they might be able to go one or two ticks lower.

As an aside, I would echo what javabytes said -- which is why you would see such a difference in a change vs. a new ticket??? This doesn't sound kosher to me.