FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Successful/unsuccessful oneup bids
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2012, 6:51 pm
KiwiHighFlyer

Programs: NZ*E, QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by Gasfoodlodging
I'll add a OneUp experience...

The better half is joining me in HKG (from AKL) early October and she has recently bid APD850 (yes 850!) to go from Economy to Premium Economy.

At the moment FlightStats is showing U/7 E/7 O/7 A/7. Does that mean they have only sold 8 seats so far? Jeez.

Anyway, with a high bid such as that one...I'd be surprised if she doesn't get an upgrade. Will keep ya'll posted.

And, yes, I did mention to her that it's a 772 with old school 3-3-3 seating...but hey, they were essentially free points gifted from a large pool and she's keen for the experience
Regarding the number of available seats in PE, yes there are 36 seats in total in the PE cabin on the 772. However U7 E7 O7 A7 does not simply mean there are 7*4=28 seats unsold in the cabin as any class lower than U simply means the number of seats the revenue team are prepared to offer for sale at discounted levels. The most accurate representation of the total number of available seats for sale in a cabin is always to look for the number of highest class seats available for that cabin, in this case U. However, for PE, NZ will not show the availability of seats past 7. So in this case, there are currently at least 7 seats unsold in PE, and very likely more, given the number of seats they are prepared to sell at O level and the A class availability. Hope this clears things up a bit. BTW, the OneUp bid is ridiculously high :/