FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Lodge at Sonoma Resort, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]
Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:46 am
kbh1234

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier, SPG Plat, Delta Skymiles Silver Medallion
Just finished up a 2-night stay here - great property. Got an upgrade to a cottage room with a fireplace. I glanced inside one of the lodge rooms, and they didn't look much different - still had a fireplace and all rooms have an outside sitting area. Complimentary wine tasting on the property, nice pool/hot tub area, and good food choices on property. No plat benefits besides the arrival gift and room upgrade (which I didn't expect since I have to stay at the deep discount government rate), but I would still like to come back here on vacation. Great jumping off point for both sonoma and napa wineries. With light traffic, about a 20 min drive to Napa, 30 to Yountville, 40 to Calistoga. Concierge will ship your wine for a fee, but might be better off just checking it in your luggage and waiting 2+ weeks for the wine to recover.

One comment regarding the cottage rooms - the entrance to the room faces the outside, which might bother some people. Also, if you have trouble climbing stairs, make sure they give you one of the bottom floor as the cottages have no elevators.