FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can miles from frequent flyer programs from the same alliance be combined?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:31 am
deltame

Originally Posted by joer1212
(4) This one is very similar to #3. Great, you've met the minimum spend for a credit card, for now. But, then, what do you do with 3k of Amex gift cards? You have to use them, which will take you away from from the spending requirement for your next app-o-rama in 3 months.

Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to be negative. I'm not. I'm only being pragmatic and rational.
You might have a misconception that everyone here is doing AOR, let alone at 3 month intervals. I would say this is far from the majority of FT members as a whole. You'd see FT people enjoy travel and people make the best of their work travel, if you venture out of MilesBuzz/CreditCard forums to read/participate other forums here on FT. If your spending habit does not afford you a certain way of getting CCs or frequency of associated travel (in luxury), then you need be flexible and adapt to your life style. In stead of a grand scheme of AOR, I suggest you first devise a (travel) goal and start accumulate miles/points towards it -- and read more FT forums to help you broaden your horizon.

Last edited by deltame; Sep 19, 2012 at 8:54 am