FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Lufthansa ever offer compensation?
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2012, 3:20 am
dre_techie

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by milesfixed
Originally Posted by Vuzuggu
The glass was touching my lips when she took it. It was the PDB and we had just been pushed back from the gate and the tug was still attached. I am not sure what Lufthansa policy but I have been able to keep the drink well beyond that stage on other airlines.
I know that Lufthansa policy is to collect all glasses in business and first class as soon as the plane is moving (for safety reasons i guess). Some crew are very strict with this procedure, some are not. It surprised me at the beginning but now I got accustomed to it. They usually politely tell you to either finnish it or give it back half full. Hard to believe they grab it as it was touching your lips though...
Swiss has the same procedure
Well, if imbecility reigns instead of the pragmatism of allowing a pax in the highest CoS to finish his drink they most certainly don't deserve the OP's money.

We're not talking AA, being nearly arrested for ordering orange juice at the wrong time...

On a personal note, I arrived BKK, ground services were superb. I was one of 2 HON in F, cabin was full. I did not receive PJs or amenity kit until I asked the purser for some while she brought the menus. Also had to remind them that it would be nice to have hot towels before I eat the amuse bouche. Food service was nice and everything else was smooth.

I think they lucked out (or had more than enogh) with my food choices, as I was asked/served 5th...

On a separate note, the FAs were so distracted with chatter they forgot to arm the slides. Purser had to say again that "not all slides are armed". And I don't know how much room for interpretation there is on that one..