FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WSJ recommends booking away from AA
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:30 am
hillrider
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HumbleBee
The issues with UA are ongoing, I was just bringing that extreme example.

Theres also a difference between 10 flights arriving 30 minutes late (AA) which shows a mess, and 2 flights delayed 24+ hrs (AA) which is an airline in total failure. The handling is also rather different. UA in many cases simply leaves pax hanging. AA has excellent IRROPs management. There's even a thread here with an AA phone rep instructing a UA airport agent how to issue a ticket.

UAs day to day OPs are not working. Try to do a simple SDC. The agents are clueless, everything takes multiple calls to help centers. AA might not be running on time, but things are working.

Simply look here for the threads of UA elites and corp accts who can't rely on UA anymore, and moved to AA.

The idea that UA is more reliable than AA is laughable. Now, DL might be the best, but to make AA the worst is grossly incorrect IMHO.
I see your point; as a non-UA (COdbaUA, acutally) flyer I don't know how bad their "normal" operations have become.

And AA indeed has an excellent IRROPs/OSO handling -- their outstanding autoreaccommodation tool, along with 90%+ of AA employees, makes them awesome.