FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Lufthansa ever offer compensation?
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:22 pm
LufthansaFlyer

Originally Posted by RTW1
It's always difficult to judge what really happened in these situations because we weren't there when it happened..... but I'm really having a hard time believing that an FA will grab a glass you are still holding (or are drinking from) without any previous interaction. Normal behavior is at least a question if it's ok to take it, or a statement that they have to take it before take-off starts.

The only conclusion that I can draw that you and the crew got of to a bad start and that things got worse from there. Not very professional from the crew, but you probably didn't do much either to improve matters.

Without knowing you or what really happened my first impression when reading your post was: "Another award flyer who thinks that when flying F the world should treat him like a king, when in reality he didn't spend a dime to obtain those miles except applying for a few credit cards. And is now complaining about insignificant things in the hope of getting some monetary compensation to maximize his free ticket". And although I could be completely wrong (and my assumptions are not very "professional" either, I'm only human...) it's those first impressions that sometimes set the mood for everything to come. Something similar probably happened on your flight.

Complaining about a broken seat is best done in the air when you could probably have switched to another seat. These things do sometimes happen, it was probably another passenger that broke it. What would you have really preferred, a working seat or some miles a few weeks after the fact?

And I know from experience that when you set your expectations high and they are not met. Even the most insignificant things, that normally would go unnoticed, now become confirmation of all that's bad. Like the PJ's and the content of the IFE....

+1,000,000