FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex & BA Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:44 pm
Raffles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
OK... Regarding the MR offer to BA. It isn't showing in my account, and I've contacted Amex who told me it's targeted to "certain card members who fulfill the criteria".

This has p**sed me off to the point where I'm now going to cancel my Plat. My main reason for this is that I logged into my father's account, and he has the offer showing.

I should point out that he doesn't even know what a MR is. He has never signed up for offers or transferred any of his points anywhere.

I can understand targeted offers, but surely they should be targeted at people who actually might want them?

I'd made my peace with the £450 new charge, but this has really annoyed me, and I'll be transferring all my MRs to his account and then cancelling the card. /RANT

Now, what's the best way to do this? He doesn't have a BA account, but I'm guessing it's not a good idea to try just putting my BAEC number in and making the transaction? What's the simplest solution; add him to my HHA?
Chill!

1. Pay your £15 fee and transfer your Amex MR points to Dad
2. Dad converts to BAEC and waits for the bonus to hit
3. Dad moves avios from BAEC to avios.com
4. You and Dad form a family account at avios.com
5. You and Dad dissolve your family account at avios.com. You elect to split the avios 100% to you and 0% to Dad
6. You move the avios from avios.com to BAEC

Not difficult!