FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:44 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Also, I ended up looking at 26property websites & calling properties/talked w/ the front desk in:

* Georgia

...to find out if their lounges were open/closed on the weekends & if closed, if they provided brekkie coupons.

I did not ask them about key accessible or i-net terminals, as I thought that might get too confusing for the FDC & I was already calling a lot of properties/taking up quite a bit of my time.

If there was a recent report by an FTer I didn't call the property, but if there wasn't I did.

I also added properties that weren't listed in the sticky, but were listed on the Marriott website.

Georgia was chosen by something in a property thread that led me to check one property & then I thought what the heck, check the others; no rhyme or reason other than that.

I would say one thing - if there's not a recent update on the sticky, when in doubt, call the property in advance. Don't just go by lounge is closed. I was pleasantly surprised that some properties offered Gold/Plats coupons. Not all of course, but some do.

I'm definitely not going to call every single full-service property/check their website in the U.S. as that will take massive amounts of time.

So I'm still depending on you, my fellow FTers, to provide updates!

PS - I created a separate thread in the main Marriott forum asking for updates on China properies. We only had 24 listed (out of 47 properties) & some were outdated, so hopefully we'll get some updates on the China properties.

Cheers.