FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Lufthansa ever offer compensation?
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:09 am
FlyerTalker678

Originally Posted by will2288
Hyperbole like this makes me wonder what other things you are embellishing, and makes me question just how truthful your post is.
Absolutely 100% true. The glass was touching my lips when she took it. It was the PDB and we had just been pushed back from the gate and the tug was still attached. I am not sure what Lufthansa policy but I have been able to keep the drink well beyond that stage on other airlines.

I sent Lufthansa a detailed letter with names of the staff involved. I did include praise for the Manager of the Lufthansa Lounge in Washington and the both lounges in Frankfurt A area. They were brilliant.

Maybe my expectations were too high for Lufthansa, but I think not. I was not expecting them to be as good as Singapore or Virgin First class but I expected it to beat my United BusinessFirst (Business Class) and Aer Lingus Business Class experience and to be blunt it fell quite a way short.

I am 19 so not your typical first class customer and I have had experience of people double checking I am in the right cabin and never have a problem with that. However, a flight attendant shouting to the other asking should he be in here, causing the rest of the cabin to look at me is a disgrace in my book. It could have been done quietly and sorted out just as quickly.

I didn't complain in the letter about PJ there just an after thought, didn't realise they weren't meant to match, which I think is a bit strange. Also, something I didn't complain about as I presume it is because they cater more for the German speakers (understandably) but I thought the IFE selection was very poor.

Overall, I wasn't amazed with the experience, but I am hoping it was down to the crew having an off day. Normally I would expect a goodwill gesture to entice me to book another flight with Lufthansa to see the real experience but maybe I was expecting too much. I'll have to look for other options for my flights to China then.