FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Removed from aircraft
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:48 am
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rathin100
I think it is a good warning, well received by parents, and the fact that the child was cleared for travel does lend credence to the OPs point.
A good warning of what? it doesn't matter what airline it is or whether it is a child or an adult; if information has been passed to a group such as medlink and that organisation recommends that a passenger be checked before being permitted to travel , the same issue will apply

Airlines have no obligation to provide anything other than advertised customer service. That is neither here nor there. It is how airlines handle human beings in irregular circumstances that does (and should ) make a reputational
difference. Offloading a family with a sick child enroute and then doing nothing about their subsistence and wellbeing at one's own hub, does little credit to
Emirates, in my view.
Since they have no obligation to provide anything extra, then it is not reasonable to expect more than what they are obligated to provide. That is where travel insurance comes in; if a passenger chooses not to take out insurance then they are self-insuring and it is up to them to allow for it

On another note, I trust all the people who speculated about " the one post wonder" will also review their own statements on this post again for pointers on future engagement. Many people who post here are too busy (or have other priorities ) to check their posts with the breathlessness that regulars do, and speculation about their motives is discourteous and pointless.
when someone doesn't return for one week , that suggests to me that they are not overly interested in what a forum has to say once the rant is complete