FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safeway/Vons- buy $100 to $500 Visa Gift card, get $10 back in groceries
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:51 pm
thehawk75

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Hadn't noticed that 'Limit one coupon per transaction per day' condition on it (well not the 'per day' part anyway) until you pointed it out.

However, I haven't had any issues with them not honoring it yet. Just got back from shopping, and the register was taking the second, and third, and fourth and... fifth transaction without issue nor any need for manual over ride.

I'm sure if the register did start to reject the second coupon one could always just use a different Vons card number. I never spend enough in a month to achieve any significant fuel points savings where I'd find it worth while to drive the 30 miles to the closest location that has a fuel pump.

I did notice the other day however that for some reason the coupon scanned at $5 off. The cashier without saying a word just entered in some override code for another $5 off.

Still, like last time having difficulties getting them to immediately honor the coupon for booze, but, so far have gotten them to apply the coupon to such purchases in the end.