FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France (AF) ends upgradeable seats from Premium W
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:32 pm
vgb2001

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Begin the phone call with "I'm trying to make a chance to a complex international ticket involving a SWU. Can you please transfer me to the international manual reissue desk?"
well... international desk lady was very nice but she was not very straightforward with me.... She basically looked everywhere for upgrade availability on delta metal to take me to CDG and back... but then asked me for the fare difference between my W and the next M fare... $2000!
I told her i thought we were talking about a commercial gesture here to compensate the unannounced loss a platinum benefit but NOPE.

She did confirm again though that AF has blocked all upgrades from W to Affaires. She said their problem is that a W costs $1500 whereas on DL to upgrade, a YBM is required for >$2500 and AF was not happy about that...

Chances are that when they come back with upgrades possibility, it will be from an High End Premium economy fare only...