FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS Economy Class & The Radisson Blu Gdansk (pics)
Old Sep 13, 2012, 3:45 pm
LH4116

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
SK757 Copenhagen Kastrup – Gdansk Lech Walesa

I can see why people hate bus gates so much, as after all BP's had been scanned we were allowed to a holding pen downstairs where we waited for a little while longer before being crammed into the bus. A short ride later, we pulled up by the expected CRJ-900. The same plane that took me to Munich 4 months earlier.

My old friend OY-KFI will be doing the honours today.

Apron certainly looks deserted on a sunday like this.

I boarded the plane as the last passenger. By the looks of it, the flight appears to be nearly full in both Economy Extra, and Economy which indicates that SAS are making some money on this route. The seat next to me remained empty.

Legroom was exactly the same as in the front rows, in other words good.

The door was soon shut, and the crew performed the usual "yada yada", as we taxied towards the runway. A light takeoff was then performed.

Taxiing to the runway.

"Wheels-Up!" @ 17.18.

Climbout over rural Zealand.

Before re-entering Swedish airspace over Öresund.

Lovely "SAS-let", as we climb over Scania.

The flight was short, in fact short so that BOB could not even be performed, which also meant no freebie coffee. Instead we were offered the choice of OJ or water, which had me thrilled. I don't recall getting free OJ on SAS for years!

The crew were happy to serve me both drinks!

The flight was indeed short, and instantly after reaching cruise the nose tipped down again. I suppose for lightly loaded short hops like this, it's the most efficient way to go according to the FMS Computer. Meanwhile the cabin crew came around to collect trash.

Reaching cruise, right before descending again.

Making landfall over the northern coastline of Poland.

Passing some rural landscape as we make our final approach.

Touchdown @ 17.53, after just 35 minutes in the air.

Following an incredibly hard breaking after touchdown, we taxied towards a stand near the new terminal. A bus was waiting to take us to the arrivals hall, located in the adjacent building. With nothing but my Lowepro backpack as hand luggage, I proceeded straight for the exit.