FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo {US-CA}
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2012, 6:57 pm
Crazyhotelguy

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
I have stayed here 6 times in the last two or so years. Yes, it is an older ES. Yes there are only two slow elevators, but there is also a service elevator commonly used by the public in the opposite corner. It is a bit faster that the main elevators, and near the pool.

DELee's pics and review is quite thorough. Overall not a shining star, but the staff is very friendly, the hotel is clean, there is a rental car operation (AVIS) in the lobby, it is next to a medium sized shopping center with many options, and it is a pleasant place to stay.

Plus I went to Cal Poly, and love stopping there!
I will echo this. I am at this hotel for the week. Overall, it is an average ES. It is older and needs an overhaul, but all in all, the property is not that bad.

THe manager's reception is adequate and currently they are serving beer in the bottle while they work out things.

I have an atrium room which could be a bit noisy in the evening and morning, but I do not mind it all that much. Bed is comfortable and the staff is very
friendly and helpful.

They offer some specials at breakfast that break up the normal omelet and egg thing. I was not all that impressed with the eggs benedict, but it was different from the normal grind.