FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:55 pm
I LOVE EWR

Just got back from a five day/four night stay at the Edgewater. A few thoughts and tips for those looking to go...

-We booked the 'Naples Tower Gulf View Room'. It appears that the Naples Tower is the more contemporary in style and has updated rooms (our room had fresh paint, nice tile bathtub, 'wooden' floors). They upgraded us to the 'Penthouse Floor' and had a HUGE balcony and a TON of room. With that said, the key card holder was pitted and greening, and the bedroom balcony door did not fully close (about a quarter of an inch open). Not absolute huge deals, but want to make sure it is noted. Also having a kitchenette in the rooms was a big plus.

-As a Diamond I received two drink tickets, a free in room movie, 1000 bonus points, and a free umbrella rental daily at the beach. You can also get a discount to the spa at the other Waldorf in Naples, but we went with the movie. The umbrella rental was awesome. We did not venture over to the other Waldorf in Naples.

-Very family friendly property.

-Speaking of the umbrella rental had an issue with the bill. We paid ahead for our rate and it included the resort fee. I received the final incidental bill and the resort fee and umbrella rental that I should have gotten for free as a Diamond was charged. Before checking out, I went to the front desk and the agent removed the erroneous charges, but it should have been caught prior to putting it below the door. Saw today, that they charged my card for a Cabana Rental at the beach. I called and informed them that due to winds umbrella rentals were not being offered and was only offered a cabana. The front desk initially took it off, but they decided to charge me when it was audited I guess. The agent I spoke to took it off as well, just kinda annoying there were some issues with the bill. I wasn't looking to be that picky, but COME ON, it should be caught that I was going to be charged twice for the Resort Fee at the VERY least (sorry for beating the dead horse there )

-Speaking of the staff, during the entire stay the hotel staff was exceptional. VERY helpful and they were spot on with restaurant suggestions. My issues with the bill were not argued at all by them, they apologized, and corrected it. The staff I feel is one of the bigger pluses of the hotel.

-We really liked the location and size of the hotel. As others have said think of this as a boutique hotel in a neighborhood. Very easy access from parking to rooms to beach.

-Only ate at the pool bar and got ice cream for room service. Prices were OK considering one is in Naples. For example we paid something like $12.20 for ice cream for two from room service. At a local ice cream shop it was $11.07. Mixed Drinks at the hotel pool were $10.00 to $13.00. Also I suggest having breakfast at the First Watch Restaurant (hotel staff told us to eat there). A short .5 mile walk each way from the hotel. The Eggs Benedict there are delish. I also HIGHLY suggest one goes to CHOPS on 5th.

Overall, I would give the hotel a 4/5. I would have no problem staying there again. Would I pay over $200.00 a night there or burn a ton of points. No, but if one can get a good rate, I would not hesitate at all staying there. Big pros were the staff, size of hotel, and location

Any more specific questions don't hesitate to ask or send me a PM!

Last edited by I LOVE EWR; Sep 11, 2012 at 11:02 pm