FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:05 pm
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by teriyaki
Thanks. Guess we'll strike that one off the list.

On a related topic, has anyone tried the stay and park packages at the sea-tac hotels? Some of them offer 3/7/14 day parking packages that really don't cost too much more than the parking itself.

Since we have a flight at 6AM, heading down the night before and staying the night and not worrying about the car sounds great.

Downside is, they probably don't have any on-site security for their parking lots.

Thoughts?
Since you are coming down from Vancouver come down the night before.

Not sure how long you are traveling for because some hotels allow longer park and flys than others.

In terms of parking lots one option is a Thriftyparking at SEATC which is on international across the street from a Days Inn, next to a Super 8, and kitty corner from another hotel (i think La Quinta ??).

The days inn and Super 8 are owned by the same person so you can do park and fly's from there (I think up to 7 days---any more you need to pay extra per day for)

There is a comfort inn that also does the 7/10 day park and fly The rate for this is around $129 (unless some deal comes up).

Given your early flight you need to come down to SEATAC anyway and stay the night. The min of hotel rate you could find may be below $100 for seatac hotels. The cheapest I have found is with the Days Inn or Super 8 at around $60/night at the AAA rate.

The hotels only have a limited number of these rates. You usually need to call the hotel and see if its available when you travel.

The other issue with that one lot you were talking about...I think that is all automated/electronic and its just open so its a promo rate.

In your situation id rather just stay at a hotel and take the airport shuttle in the morning. Many of them operate 24/7. If your flight is at 6am you can take the 4:30 shuttle and you should be fine unless its an international flight.