FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Regents Park Marriott, UK [Master Thread]
Old Sep 11, 2012, 4:40 pm
TOMSURFER

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Any updates to Sharon's very thorough report from 2008?
I have been staying here most weeks for 16 years, get well treated as a plat and now plat prem so I am obviously happy with it.

Refurbishments happen every 6 to 7 years, so another one is due in 2013/14.

All rooms have good Marriott beds and 32" flat screen televisions.

If you have more specific queries I will try and answer them

Reading Sharon's report, the changes are as follows :

No shop on the ground floor any more - it is now a pay to use business centre.

Biscuits are no longer provided in the rooms. It used to be two packets, but this got enhanced to one and then further enhanced to none.

Wired and Wireless internet is available in all rooms. (£15 a day if you are not gold/plat)

I am big (18 stone+) and cannot use the bath as it is too small, the shower (in the bath) is efficient.

Executive Lounge

Executive Lounge is open till midnight ( the door key stops working at midnight, but if there are guests in the lounge after midnight they may let you in.)

There is now free wireless internet access in the lounge (golds/plats get it anyway)

There is now a greater choice of hot food at breakfast (sausage / bacon ). Breakfast hours are now till 1030.

The lounge can be very busy because of the number of rooms that get automatic access and the number of golds/plats staying. The kitchen facility is totally inadequate for the lounge staff so when it gets busy it is really difficult for them.

There is now a small selection of cakes at tea time (1600 ish)

Evening food is from around 1800

After about 1945 there will only be cheese and biscuits and a sweet left and these will be cleared away by 2030.

Alcohol is free in the evening (wine and beer) but it gets taken away before 2100.

There are always teas coffee chocolate and a large selection of soft drinks available

Breakfast at weekends is provided in the main restaurant not in the lounge.

Newspapers are Times, Financial Times, USA Today and an Irish daily, but they tend to disappear during the day and there will only be limited choice by late evening.