FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012: Dahl Scholarship fund drive - raise $10K to ride on T-6 racer; NEW $5K match
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:22 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Wonderful!

Now, Radial Velocity can do her thing at Reno, while the Scholarship Fund can enable some future pilots - and it appears we will need them, as forecasts say we will need ~69,000 new pilots in North America. This will enable some to aspire to join the pilot profession who otherwise would not have been able to satisfy those aspirations because of the costs involved. I am proud to be a FlyerTalker and to support our charitable endeavors, and to offer sincere Kudos to the Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund and to those who created and support it; I can't think of a better memorial to Capt. Dahl.

I also think on this day we can recall the sacrifice made by a few to save many, those under Capt. Dahl's command and those who were flying on his aircraft on UA 93 eleven years ago today, at about this time.

Perhaps the most poignant reminder would be (Capt. Dahl's widow) Sandy Dahl's words:

"If we learn noting else from this tragedy, we learn that life is short and there is no time for hate."

Life is short indeed. Many of you recall Sandy Dahl passed away May 25 2012; her words must live on, as our feelings of loss and respect for the many who acted heroically and those who died, were injured and bereaved September 11, 2001.

Originally Posted by Capt Denny
Just returned from dinner with a wonderful check from raffle items Pat with a bunch of numbers put together. The winner of the T-6 ride is Scott Cooper and the second winner was Deborah Hulse.

The anonymous donor for the second match gave us a check for $5000 just because we were close. Our total for the fund raiser was $19,236. Thank you all for your generosity.

Capt Denny