FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting spending up without the Mint
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:44 am
Stoughton
Suspended

Originally Posted by QL_714
As far as NS goes anyone that has their account closed should receive their money in 2-4 weeks. If you can’t wait that long you should not play this game. This is the big problem with many here and bloggers, that don’t mention this important part of the game.
[/B]
To expand on this for those still using the card:

Your account may/will be closed w/o warning – it simply goes away and you are (obviously) unable to use the card AND you will be unable to access your online account – this means no access to records of transactions.

Keep track of your expenditures as once they close it, it's your word against theirs in terms of balance.

If you call the CSR, you will get someone with marginal communication skills who will tell you nothing other than it has been closed. You will not get a reason. If you ask to speak to a supervisor, you’ll be told none are available and they will call you back

They will not call you back

You will be told it will take up to 20 days to get a refund check. They likely won’t tell you this is 20 business days.

They will most likely take the entire period of time to get you your money. My account was closed on August 13th. I’m still waiting for my funds.

If you can’t float the balance for a month, do not do this. They can, and they probably will, shut you down for unexplained reasons. Even if you’re doing everything by the rules, they still have the right to close your account. While I know what probably got mine closed, it’s really a crap shoot on what might trigger it for anyone else.