FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting spending up without the Mint
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:48 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by QL_714
Explain the difference in disclosing deal details in code (that you and many others do) and not disclosing any details at all? I will even go one better. How about only disclosing deal details after you are shut down or the deal is no longer valuable to you. How does that make one look?
many here talk in code.
yup

but I can tell you that when people PM with me and seem like decent folk--newbies and old, I tend to help and provide info on things that work. Some things are old ones like say starbucks, nordies, eddie bauer or buying BC for GCs, clarifications on the tweakings of WF, etc. But sometimes I collaborate with known persons of girth to figure out greater things. We both do this I think. And that's fine. But I am just saying that your method of posting in this thread appears to be more... well, "I know X but you do not, and you cannot so there" than others' do.

I'm not saying my methods are the best or the only way, but many here may wish that you would be a bit more, well, open sounding. Even if you are NOT going to give up the good or even have any to give up, you could at least appear that way. To me right now you do not. To me you often criticize people and tend to give them the bad news but not much good news. Maybe in private you are all sunshine but on here your one line blurbs, although often brutally honest or true about XYZ deal, are often only just that: brutal.

For example, the reason I did not previously bring up NS is because I figured it was still working nicely for enough people. but after some 25+ PMs on the subject and emails between people I have known for a while, it came clear to me that this gig is faltered and we all ought to try and ban together to counter their world. After all you have seen posts on here from people who STILL have thousands of dollars out there with NS, and while we all should and do go into this being able to float such funds, the sheer fact is that we still want it back. I offered a means through which we could, as a group, try to get it back. Was it perfect? No. Am I trying to tout myself as the savior? No. But my suggestion offered up a nugget of something to some people... whereas your posts on the subject, in the opinion of not just me, merely told us all how wrong we were to do something--and you wont even tell us what that is. You are a lot like a bank in that way.

If I have missed anything, let me know.
I think we both have things to offer to people here and we both have methods that work for us, but I think I am attempting to work WITH people openly and you are appearing to do the very opposite of that.