FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com
Old Sep 9, 2012, 2:10 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gooselee
I'm well aware of all of this, my point was that whatever DL does or can use to measure customer profitability or customer score is not something they would make visible to customers themselves. Thus, if they wanted to change visible pieces the FF program, they'd likely move to something that people can already see for themselves. Since we're talking about theoretical future changes to an added-value program that can change at any time without notice or reason, though, I suppose neither of our points really matters much.

BTW, NWA also gave me SE status a long time ago when I flew ATL-MSP-NRT-SIN and back twice a year, and some of those were on 75AD fares. I'm not sure how this relates to the matter at hand. If you're showing that NWA had a way of tracking your spend/quasi-profit and used that information to award SE early, then great. That seems to be an indication that they perhaps had an unpublished revenue/profit/score-based qualification criteria. Maybe that answers the question that DL can do something along those lines, but I don't think that was ever in question. The question is whether they should or will do something like that.

And not to be cheeky, but what exactly are you advocating for or defending here? Aside from making a point to counter every statement I make across these two threads, even those where I'm actually agreeing with you, I'm not sure I've yet seen exactly what outcome YOU would like to see.

I'm all for healthy debate, but what is the end point you're trying to get to?
A MSP-NRT-SIN RT alone is about 18,000 miles so of course NW "gave" you SE for doing two of them per year. You earned about 40,000 status miles from these two RTs.