FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What makes us think we are UA's "best" customers?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 5:35 am
Bear96
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by burlax
Incidentally, none of the industry leaders built around that model.
And of course, the largest company on the planet in a given industry is not an "industry leader" in your book, right?

Originally Posted by burlax
Again, wrong. They do get to define available, but they cannot manipulate the definition so as to strip a FF of the earned benefits. You are entitled to enjoy them undiluted until your year runs out.
Can you cite the language you are referring to in the UA CoC or MP rules (or wherever it may be) that create this "entitlement" to "undiluted" upgrades? And how is "undiluted" defined?

Originally Posted by MaximusDamon
To all those apologizing for UA and making the elites sound like over-entitled whiners, the key here is that UA created the definition of "BEST CUSTOMERS" when they created elite levels in MP. If they don't like the rules of their own definitions, then they should change them. But as of now, UA defines it's best customers as:

GS
Platinum
Gold
Silver

So, yes, based on their own definition, elites should feel they're among the best of UA's customers...and stop making us feel bad for that.
I disagree that these fancy titles created by the marketing department can be used to establish who the "best customers" are.

I would think someone flying full-fare F twice a year between the U.S. and Europe or Asia is a better customer than someone who frequently but only flies deeply discounted Y, and if the fare is "too expensive" decides not to go (and if he does go, starts an inidgnant thread on FT about how terrible UA is if he does not get a complimentary upgrade, and if he does get the upgrade posts about how terrible UA F is and how no one in their right mind would ever pay for it).

The latter may be a 1K and the former may not even have any status, but I would think the former is the better customer.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 9, 2012 at 5:52 am Reason: 3X Multi-Quote Combo