FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost Baggage when flying QR Business - question re: UA interline & bag tags
Old Sep 7, 2012, 9:03 pm
Guy Betsy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by DavidAL
Sounds similar to my situation, but in reverse.

Checked luggage from EBB-DOH-LHR-IAD-HSV. QR until LHR, and UA after LHR. 2 of the 6 bags never made it, and in IAD at customs they said the 2 bags were still in DOH. Now, 80 hours later, UA still can't tell me where the additional 2 bags are. They just say they are "looking for them". I'm assuming they are gone into the dark abyss now and we won't see them again. Of course they could randomly show up, but I'm assuming it's not really likely since they supposedly were half-way around the world last time they were scanned.

Since we were in Global First, UA said we would get 3 bags free each, but QR wouldn't honor that leaving EBB, so they charged us $200 each for 2 additional bags, or they told us we could leave our bags at EBB. Thus far, UA has been no help in contacting QR to find the bags. Has anyone found a good QR number to call and push the issue? I'm not really sure if this is UA's problem, since they were the ticketed carrier, and carried me to the final destination, or QR's problem, since they checked me in.
It's the final carrier that is flying you to your destination that is responsible. So the onus is with UA and not QR to find your missing bags. It is irrelevant on whose ticket stock it is issued on.

Global First means nothing to QR cos they are not *A partners. So QR's baggage rules apply hence its only 2 bags each per person.