FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old Sep 7, 2012, 9:59 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by thegrailer
Long thread and I haven't read all of it so be nice . If I do a PLT challenge and finish it this year like some of the other FTers above, my status should last through 2013 . If I do a challenge stating in Jan 2013, status would last until??? 2013 or through 2014 [akin to normal qualification]?

9 stays isn't a problem by the end of the year, especially with fall promo, but status until 2014 would be much nicer - albeit with a mattress run or two required

Also - I am nowhere near re-qualifying for Gold this year so I really could use some sort of status going forward

Cheers
Be sure to confirm when signing up, but I believe it is the same as normal status, it runs through Feb two years after earned. So if you qualify this year, 2012, status will be good until Feb 2014. If you sign up in 2013, status would be good through 2015. I'm not sure what would happen if your 90-day window crosses over Jan 1st.